Why can't I send email?
If you are having trouble sending email but are receiving email OK check the following settings in your email client (Outlook, Windows Live Mail etc):
- Check your Outgoing Email server settings are:
Outgoing Server: srv.coastserver12.net
SMTP Port: 465
If using SSL settings, please check in your cpanel for the correct servername as it may not be srv.coastserver12.net
Non SSL Settings
Outgoing Server: mail.yourdomain.com.au
SMTP Port: 26
If using SSL settings, please check in your cpanel for the correct servername as it may not be srv.coastserver10.net
- Check your username is the whole email address, eg email@example.com
- Make sure the setting My server requires authentication is ticked on and then select Settings and make sure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- If you're email client is asking for details for a username and password for the outgoing server, make sure to use the same username and password as you have for the incoming server.
- Log in to cPanel and check your disk usage to see if your email account is full. To do this first log in to your cPanel:
Once logged in, in the left column of the page you will see your Account Info or Stats. Check your Disk Space Usage to make sure you are not using all your available diskspace. If you have reached or are over quota this will affect your ability to send and receive emails.
We also need to check the individual email account quotas. Towards the middle of the cPanel page click on Email Accounts
The main email accounts page will now open and in the middle of this page you will see a listing of all your email accounts on your domain. The info next to each account shows the disk space quota for each account and how much they have used. If an account is over quota simply click on the Change Quota link to the right of the account and set a new quota.
Was this answer helpful?
After you have created your email account in cPanel, the easiest way to configure your email...
To set up your email client (Outlook, Mac Mail etc) you will need to know your email settings of...
To check your email account via webmail log in at this address:...
- Log in to your cPanel control panel. - In the Email section click on Accounts. - Enter the...
This is an email address that all 'undefined' email addressed to the domain will be sent to. For...